It’s been a while since I updated the blog. Blame busy-ness and this darn Phoenix heat. Nonetheless, it’s past time for another low-oxalate recipe. I want to wax philosophical at some point too, about food’s place in our lives and psyches, but wow. I am hot and tired, so here’s what you get:
Tilapia is a tasty white fish with no fat and tons of protein, yet it can use some spicing up.
- Whip together one egg and about 2 tsp water
- Mist some olive oil into a frying pan and turn on the stove.
- Take 1 cup Italian bread crumbs – the Progresso (I think) kind are nice (blue container).
- Dip the tilapia in the egg mixture and then run it through the bread crumbs, coating thoroughly on both sides.
- Pan-fry the fish for about eight minutes per side. When the tilapia flakes easily with a fork, it’s done.
- Sprinkle with lemon for some added flavor, if desired.
Serve with a fresh iceberg salad (non-kidney stone sufferers should eat real greens) with crunchy snow peas and light blue cheese dressing. How good does that sound? I just totally made myself hungry.